I don’t know how it’s in your country but we actually have… about 10 degrees. Therefore we do not have any snow.
The nights are cold but until now there was never the danger that it’s snowing. Therefore our streets are not even salted until now. The only thing that tells you that christmas is coming soon is the fact that the chistmas lights are already installed in every village. On the first of december they will then be turned on. And maybe that black friday was already 😉
I really hope that we will get some snow until christmas! Normally we have a lot of snow before christmas and on the 24th we then get 25 degrees. The last 3 years it would have been better if we would have decorated palm trees, honestly!
When I was a child there was always a lot of snow on the 24th. We’ve built up a bunch of snow man in the garden and clothed them. We had a lot of fun doing so!
But nower days our winter comes later in the year. The last years it was like that, that the real winter started in january. For me it’s not really bad like that because winter time is not shorter than it was in earlier times it’s only starting later. It’s only bad for christmas day because it’s not sure that it’s white outside.
So for all of you who have the same problem like me, that you are not really getting into christmas mood!
10 tips to get into christmas mood
- Read books which are either about christmas or happen during winter. Then you get into the right mood and calm down
- Make yourself one of these winter miracle tees which are always sold at this time
- Drink hot chocolate with mini marshmallows in them 🙂
- Drink “Glühwein”. If you don’t have that in your country => pinterest will help you to find a recipe 😉
- Watch winter videos on youtube 🙂
- Bake cookies! Then you house is filled with the smell of christmas and you have wondeful tasting cookies for later!
- Watch christmas movies! If they are romantic or full of action doesn’t matter!
- Visit a christmas market with friends or family
- Start to decorate your home for christmas. Light chains are a wonderful possibility to get into christmas mood
- Listen to christmas music. And no, it does not have to be “Last Christmas” 😉
I hope that helps us all a little bit!Follow me 🙂